Kelly Shipley has worked in the home inspection industry exclusively since 1984.
She has earned her reputation as an educator in many ways:
- She teaches and trains individuals desiring to become inspectors by offering a mentoring program.
- She holds half-day and full-day seminars for the general public on home inspections. Homeowners, future and current home buyers, real estate agents and anyone interested get a thorough overview of what and why inspectors check what they check. This is a real eye opening experience for most who start to see homes from a different perspective beyond location, number of bedrooms and price.
- Most important to her, she takes extra time at the inspection to inform and teach her clients about their homes.
Licenses, Memberships and Affiliations:
- State of Washington Home Inspector (license #244).
- American Society of Home Inspectors® (ASHI® Certified member #243175).
- Washington State licensed Structural Pest Inspector (WSDA license #68608).
Before starting her own company in 2006, she worked for ABI Building Inspections in Seattle and co-founded HKI Building Inspections in Seattle.
Kelly’s other passions in life revolve around her family and friends. Bringing people together to share a delicious meal or going for a run brings fun and balance into her life.
Kelly Shipley is a native of the Pacific Northwest. Born and raised on Mercer Island, she graduated from Mercer Island High School in 1982. Shipley received her BA degree from the University of Washington.